As the #30daysoftesting challenges continues, i have decided today to put the famous iOS Native LinkedIn mobile app and perform some exploratory testing on it using my iPhone 6 Plus device running iOS 9.X
Today’s challenge was about finding up to 5 different defects and reporting them back to the app vendor.
Here are my findings:
- Searching through the contact list (my list of contacts overpasses 2500 members) is simply unusable since the A-Z side bar is non proportional with the page size, so basically trying to filter by letter (e.g. “K”) is very hard
- App crashed twice when entering long string of characters into the search bars either for searching contacts/groups or messages
- Sharing a message from the app – DOES NOT WORK. You can only share from the app main screen an update but not a message.
I’ve reported back to LinkedIn about these defects, below is their confirmation email – pending their response.
Happy #30Daysofesting To All Of You.
For those who aren’t familiar with this month program led by Ministry of Testing, the full details are HERE.
I plan to stand up for this challenge (Tweeter handle to follow this program is: #30daysoftesting
For day 1, I’ve bought the following book (Testing in 30+ open source tools, 2nd Edition), and i plan on reading it (well – large portion of it, it’s more than 1200 pages) – the book highlight the main trend i am seeing over the past 12-18 months in the digital space (especially Mobile) where many new open-source test frameworks are being introduced to the market aiming to make both Dev and Testers lifes easier.
With the amount of new open-source tools in the market agile teams can achieve the following:
- Faster test development
- Fine tune the test environment to meet complex product requirements
- Develop and execute tests from the Dev/Test native environment (IDE)
- Execute and receive actionable feedback faster
With the above benefits, it is clear that today’s agile teams have a lot to gain by embracing open-source compared to traditional proprietary testing solutions.
Looking forward to update on 2nd-30th day of this program