We already covered the high penetration of mobile devices into the organizations, and work places.
We also mentioned the trend of B.Y.O.D (Bring your own device) which may introduce risks to the companies, since when the personal mobile is plugged into the work PC and becomes a storage drive, it can bring into the network many kinds of vulnerabilities, viruses and so on.
For such threats and in order to allow big/small organizations to manage their mobile assets, data, security, install from remote new ROM images, block stolen devices, restore data to devices and more, products which are called MDM’s were developed and are now commonly used by IT managers.
In this post i will briefly state few players in this field, to give a sample of where this field is heading to and to demonstrate the importance of MDM now and most important in the future, in which we will see more and more smartphones/tablets being used inside any organization.
In the market today we have products such as: Maas360 (by Fiberlink), AirWatch (Mobisec), Nutech Systems, and more.
Most tools gives the below advantages to the IT manager:
- Increase scale of mobile deployments
- Enable BYOD and shared device programs
- Centralize management of mobile platforms
- Gain real-time visibility into mobile environment
- Administer consistent policies across devices
- Enforce enterprise security and compliance
- Secure data transmitted to and from devices
- Complete enterprise Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Analyze and report critical device information
– Maas360 (http://www.maas360.com/) provides MDM solution for any enterprize organization for cross-platform mobile handsets and Tablets (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, and others). allows the administrator to manage its devices, add/remove/modify/fully wipe device and more functions, as well get specific information on each handsets in his pull (storage left on the device, OS version and more).
See sample video to learn more on the solution:
– AirWatch(http://www.air-watch.com/solutions/mobile-device-management?gclid=CKymv7zw3LACFUUhtAodESoPzQ) – Also provides MDM solution with many similar options such as the Maas360, and also provides monitoring capabilities, and dashboards of the assets, alerts when needed and more.
Has support to most commonly used mobile platforms, and has remote views, remote control to handsets and other options and configurations.
– MobiSec (http://www.mobisec.co.il/index.php/english) – Israeli company which deploys the above AirWatch MDM solution and integrates it into the organizations.